Main Article Content
The people of Tilatang Kamang, Agam Regency, West Sumatra have a tradition, namely the tradition of khatam Qur'an children. This tradition is a celebration / gratitude for the success of children in completing their recitation of the Koran (khatam). Usually this activity is held once a year, to be precise during school holidays. This tradition is a tradition that is ingrained in the life of the Tilatang Kamang community. This Quranic tradition of khatam is also found in several other areas in Minangkabau, but each region has its own uniqueness. In Tilatang Kamang this ceremony is enlivened by barracks around the village, the aim is to inform the crowd that there are several children in this area who have successfully finished reading the Qur'an (finished their studies) and can read the Koran properly and correctly. . The ceremony ended with the announcement of the winners of the khatam participants in the recitation of the Qur'an. The research method used is descriptive qualitative with an ethnographic approach. The data collection technique was done by interview and observation, while the data analysis technique used data reduction, reflection, and conclusion. The results of this study illustrate that the Khatam Qur'an ceremony has become a tradition for the Tilatang Kamang community of the Agam Regency for children who have completed their studies and also as one of the requirements for children to continue their education to a higher level.
- Boston, Houghton Mifflin Campany. Ignas Kleden ( 1998) Dari Etnogorafi ke Etnografi tentang Etnografi. Antropologi Clifford Geertz dalam tiga tahap .Dalam Clifford Geertz, After the Fact . Yogyakarta LKis
- Erni Budiwanti. (2000) Islam Sasak Wetu Telu Versus Wetu Limo Yogyakarta. LKiS
- Geertz, Clifford. (1992) Tafsir Kebudayaan.Yogyakarta .Kanisius.
- Hartati Subadio (1985) Sastra dan Sejarah. Jurnal Arkeologi Indonesia no 1/Juli Jakarta. Islam dalam Bingkai Budaya Lokal , Potret Dari Cirebon
- Hasan Muarif Ambary (1998) Menemukan Peradaban Islam, Arkeologi dan Islam di Indonesia. Jakarta. pusat Penelitian Arkeologi Nasional.
- John Ryan Bartholomew ( 2001) Alif Lam Mim, Masyarakat Sasak . Yogyakarta .Tiara Wacana Nur Syam ( 2005 ) Islam Pesisir. Yogyakarta. LKiS
- Nur Syam (2005) Islam Pesisir dan Islam Pedalaman, Tradisi Islam di Tengah Perubahan Sosial , dalam http//ww diperatis.net/annual conference/anoun 06/makalah/ Nursyam .doc Ruth Benedict ( 1959) Pattern of Culture .
- Saifudin, Ahmad ( 2005) Antropologi Komptemporer. Jakarta. Kencana
- Salmadanis. H dan Samad.H.Duski (2003) Adat Basandi Syara?, Syara? Basandi Kitabullah. Nilai dan Apliksinya Menuju kembali ke Nagari dan Surau. Jakarta. Kartika Insan Lestari Press
- Wirdanengsih (2016) Khatam Quran Dalam Budaya Masyarakat Minangkabau ( Suatu Kajian Pendidikan Nilai Dalam Upaya Pelestarian Budaya yang Berbasis Kearifan Lokal. Proceding The International Seminar and Social Studies and History Education. Study Ptogram of Social and Hsitory Education school of Post Graduate Studies. Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia