I feel the need to divide that into two categories; formal relationships and informal relationships. In this case, formal relations are based on politics and military, that is, relationships that were built in the 16th century. The farther away the year, the more cryptic the sources will be. But since the 1530s, Acehnese envoys began to appear in Istanbul, and they were involved in Aceh-Ottoman cooperation. They came to ask for military assistance to fight Portuguese colonialism in the region. By conducting literature study, verification, and interpretation, the author returns to the description of a brief history through the sources written when the Ottoman Turks were still standing. In Muhamad Farid Beik's work, which tells the Ottoman Turkish Government sent a complete fleet to the Archipelago complete with the crew and others. This means that formal relations were established before 1530 AD. After that, there had been diplomatic and military relations between the two sultanates. Turkish cannons that were brought to Aceh are still in the Dutch museum. The relationship between the Ottoman Turks and the Nusantara was not only based on benefit but also based on panic Islamism in facing the same enemy, namely the Portuguese colonialists. When Indonesia faced the Dutch, the Ottoman Turks still provided informal assistance through volunteers due to Western pressure, mainly the British.
- A. Hasjmy. Sejarah Masuk dan Berkembangnya Islam di Indonesia. III. Bandung: alma’arif, 1993.
- Andrik Purwasito. Imajeri India: Studi Tanda dalam Wacana. Surakarta: Pustaka Cakra, 2002.
- Djangka Djajabaja “Musarar”,. 3rd ed. Cetakan III. Yogyakarta: Ejang Brata, tth tth.
- Khoury, Dina Rizk. “Halil Inalcik and Donald Quataert, Ed., An Economic and Social History of the Ottoman Empire, 1300–1914 (New York: Cambridge University Press, 1994). Pp. 1,057.” International Journal of Middle East Studies 28, no. 2 (1996): 289–91. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0020743800063376.
- Laffan, Michael Francis, Indi Aunullah, and Rini Nurul Badariah. Sejarah Islam di Nusantara, 2015.
- Lombard, Denys. Kerajaan Aceh zaman Sultan Iskandar Muda (1607-1636). Paris; Jakarta: École française d’Extrême-Orient?; KPG (Keputusan Populer Gramedia), 2007.
- ———. Le Carrefour Javanais: Essai d’histoire Globale. Civilisations et Sociétés. Paris: Editions de l’Ecole des hautes études en sciences sociales, 1990.
- Mahandis Y. Thamrin. Kecamuk Perang Jawa, Dalam National Geographic Indonesia. 8th ed. Vol. 10. Jakarta, n.d.
- meirison. “THE IMPACT OF FOREIGN CAPITULATION ON ISLAMIC SHARIA IN THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE.” Justicia Islamica Vol.17, no. No.1, June 2020 (2020): 109–26. https://doi.org/10.21154/justicia.
- Meirison, Alizar. “Islamic Sharia and Non-Muslim Citizens in Kanunname During Sultan Abdul Hamid II of the Ottoman Empire.” UIN Walisongo Vol 27, no. No 1 (2019) (2019): 37–68. https://doi.org/10.21580/ws.27.1.3543.
- Meirison, Meirison. “Legal Drafting in the Ottoman Period.” Jurnal Ilmiah Al-Syir’ah 17, no. 1 (June 30, 2019). https://doi.org/10.30984/jis.v17i1.806.
- ———. “Westernization of the Ottoman Empire, Zionism and the Resistance of the Palestinian Society.” Al-Tahrir: Jurnal Pemikiran Islam 20, no. 1 (May 13, 2020): 1–22. https://doi.org/10.21154/altahrir.v20i1.1922.
- Metin Innegollu. The Early Turkish-Indonesian Relation, Dalam Hasan M. Ambary Dan Bachtiar Aly (Ed.)Aceh Dalam Retrospeksi Dan Reflkesi Budaya Nusantara,. Jakarta: Informasi Taman Iskandar Muda, tt tt.
- Ozay, Mehmet Ozay. Kesultanan Aceh Dan Turki: Antara Fakta dan Legenda, 2014.
- Peacock, A. C. S., Annabel Teh Gallop, and British Academy, eds. From Anatolia to Aceh: Ottomans, Turks, and Southeast Asia. First edition. Proceedings of the British Academy 200. Oxford: Published for the British Academy by Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Reid, Anthony. Southeast Asia in the Age of Commerce, 1450-1680. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1988.
- Sali, Meirison Alizar, Desmadi Saharuddin Saharuddin, and Darni Yusna Darni. “Ottoman Trade Policy and Activities in Europe and Asia.” AL-FALAH?: Journal of Islamic Economics 5, no. 1 (June 9, 2020). https://doi.org/10.29240/alfalah.v5i1.1181.
- Supratman, Frial Ramadhan. “Memetakan Relasi Historis Antara Negara Usmani, Turki, Dan Asia Tenggara.” Lembaran Sejarah 13, no. 1 (February 27, 2018): 116. https://doi.org/10.22146/lembaran-sejarah.33526.